www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opener reports?

Default Opener reports?

how's the opener going?

anyone ringing the bell???

Lots of fish,no bell ringers.
    My big motor went down so you can find me casting from the dock if needed.

Must be an Opti!

Nothing from the dock today but the weeds are better by the hour so maybe things will pick up tomorrow.I've been working those weeds by the gas pump hard because of the 48 incher caught there last year but so far no go.I had a vicious strike throwing towards the south dock but can't definitely confirm it as a muskie.Its the prime hour but I had to leave cause I became a tad frustrated listening to the early boat arrivals discussing their fish.No bell ringers but a 48.5 and a 46 so...not bad.With lots of boats still out I decided to save some anguish and get out of there.Getting a pic of a 50 that my friend Mr Minnesota Muskie(retired DNR muskie guru Bob Strand)caught yesterday in another part of the lake didn't really do much for my mood either.Don't get me wrong,I'm very happy for Bob but it tends to make me wish I had a boat.I might have to resort(no pun intended)to wading the weedbed toward the east tomorrow.
    Stranded but dry on Oak Island.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Nothing from the dock today but the weeds are better by the hour so maybe things will pick up tomorrow.I've been working those weeds by the gas pump hard because of the 48 incher caught there last year but so far no go.I had a vicious strike throwing towards the south dock but can't definitely confirm it as a muskie.Its the prime hour but I had to leave cause I became a tad frustrated listening to the early boat arrivals discussing their fish.No bell ringers but a 48.5 and a 46 so...not bad.With lots of boats still out I decided to save some anguish and get out of there.Getting a pic of a 50 that my friend Mr Minnesota Muskie(retired DNR muskie guru Bob Strand)caught yesterday in another part of the lake didn't really do much for my mood either.Don't get me wrong,I'm very happy for Bob but it tends to make me wish I had a boat.I might have to resort(no pun intended)to wading the weedbed toward the east tomorrow.
    Stranded but dry on Oak Island.
    Ah! Another chapter for the book!

KA-BOOM! My boat's down! Contingency planning for the Muskie Man.

A) Waders: What brand leaks the least?
    B) First Aid: Coping with head trauma after slipping on snotty greasy slimy moss covered (but still brutally hard) rocks.
    C) Blood Suckers: They're always bitin'.
    D) Loons: How to talk to the DNR guy after stepping on a loon nest.
    E) Wolverines and Bears: Yeah, like you're going to outrun them.
    F) Wolves: They're much cuter when you see them from your boat.
    G) Poison Ivy: Nature's way of telling the boatless angler that the wolverines and bears are about to attack.

Hope ya get your boat back online soon Dick!
    Last edited by NETim; 06-21-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typos!
    GO BIG RED!!

Cool

DP, doesn't that resort owner near you have the old whaler he would let you putt around in? Seems to me that is one fine vessel and you could at least bop around in that. I would imagine his rate would not be out of the ordinary but may charge you for insurance. Just a thought.

Steve

Sorry to report I have no meaningful report.
    Tim,good ideas,I'm on them.
    Steve,I tried getting the Whaler but the recently remodeled seating arrangement placed me so high I feared an oxygen deprivation issue sitting in it.Guess the remodeling was done for someone coming up soon that clearly must be vertically challenged.

Cool

Mr. Pearson, looking for a Yamaha? Guess we'll be fishing out of my boat. Hell, you can drive...
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Todd,
    I'm in.After Op M make sure you're Yamy is still hanging on the transom when you leave-desperate characters loose around here.Don't lose that one!The Japanese earthquake/tsunami has made ALL makes scarce and spendy.
    If there's anything more frustrating than sitting on an island surrounded by big hungry muskies without a boat-day after day-I haven't run into it.Don't get me wrong,I'm still pleasant and charming but even my lab Rascal is considering moving out.Not sure why.

Daily guide fee: $400
    Motor repairs: $3000
    New daily rate using client's boat: $5
    Fishing with Dick Pearson: Priceless

i'll be stopping in Friday around noon to drop off OM gear.
    plenty of room in the boat if you need a fishing fix.
    it'll only cost one Toppie.

Sigh... I see no point in buying a MN license now. Those dock fish won't bite a half-dead redhorse dipped in sucker sauce by the time I get there.

Looks like I'll have to burn some gas and hope there's some fish elsewhere. Better find my maps.

Is there much lake north of Cyclone?

GO BIG RED!!

Talked to a few boat guys(wimps)and fishing was a bit slow yesterday for them although each boat still had one fish.It was much better for us shore bobbers but don't ask for pics.

Tim,I'd say get maps that cover 4-5 miles out and you should be fine.If I get wimpy again(get a boat)I'll branch out a tad farther but keep you informed.As to Cyclone,the lake goes beyond a tad but not far.I've heard you drop off at somewhere around a place called Twin Islands.Absent driving a rig called either the Nina,Pinta or Santa Maria,I wouldn't chance it.

Mike,
    I'll likely be here,pole(fishing)in hand.
    As to the fee,'Toppies',like money,grow on trees for me so no sweat.

I'll likely be here,pole (fishing) in hand.
    well then, ummm, ahhhh, i suppose it's fortunate you have two hands?