www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 42"er

Default 42"er

Ty, put in yesterday - Friday - at the Winter Dam landing and hit it from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Got this 42" fish at 6:50 a.m. (moon set was at 6:59 a.m.) down on the south end, on a Skimmertail bucktail, black hair, double #8 blades, one copper, one green. Finally figured out where to put the camera when using the self-portrait feature, I now set it on top of the bow butt seat and I then stand in the back on front of the motor. My camera is reading 12 hours late, thus it thinks 6:50 a.m. on June 17 is 6:50 p.m. on June 16....will get that corrected next time I recharge the battery and reset the time. Also got a 31.5" fish at 12:15 p.m., also on a Skimmer, one brass blade/one copper blade. Farthest north I got was Pork Barrel and Toutants. Only raised those two fish. Hope I've done the attachment correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June2011b 001.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	13747  

Nice fish Carl! How does your dog act in the boat? Has he/she ever dived in after a lure?

Thankgoodness he has never dived in after a lure; and of course I keep all my muskie lures undercover and never exposed in the boat when I'm not actually casting. But when I am casting every now and then he gets antsy and wants to jump up at the lure just before I cast or right after I've finished the retrieve. But generally no problems at all, he's 7 so he is used to the routine in the boat.

Nice healthy fish Carl. Sounds like you were on to something that day.

Good luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Klein View Post
    Thankgoodness he has never dived in after a lure; and of course I keep all my muskie lures undercover and never exposed in the boat when I'm not actually casting. But when I am casting every now and then he gets antsy and wants to jump up at the lure just before I cast or right after I've finished the retrieve. But generally no problems at all, he's 7 so he is used to the routine in the boat.
    I'm afraid to take our lab puppy (5 months) into a boat!

I wouldn't be too affraid. Our lab was about 5 months old when we took him out for the first time and he was fine. I think as long as they know it's not play time in the boat you are fine. Now our lab just thinks it's resting time when he climbs in.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

My son and I were fishing a lake in Vilas Co with the dog. Son lifted his bait out of the water once without doing the 8 , but immediately saw a 45inch musky cruise by looking for the bait. In his haste to get the bait back in the water he tried to make a real short cast in front of the musky, but didn't hit the free-spool button first. Yep, the bait bounced in the boat and hit the sleeping dog; Dog got scared and pawed frantically at the bait. By the time we were able to get things settled down all three trebble hooks from the Suick were stuck in the dog on two legs. Trying to cut the hooks with the bolt cutter was unsuccessful because the dog was scared and couldn't be calmed down as we worked on the bait. My son was able to hold him quiet in his arms as we raced to the landing to find a vet (on a Sunday morning). Found one in Minocqua that would open up the clinic for us. One tranquilizer shot .... snip, snip, snip ... and in 5 minutes we were heading back to the landing with a woozy dog and a $175 lighter wallet. So I gues you don't have to worry too much about the dog as long as you keep your wits about you when the muskies appear.