www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reservoir

Default Reservoir

Just wondering if anyone has had any action on the reservoir...don't know when or where, but plan to take the family up for a weekend camping trip soon. Would like to put the kids on some fish (any fish). Any suggestions?

I think I'm fishing it next weekend, I'll let you know if I do anything.
    I've heard that the walleye fishing is the best it's ever been this year, mostly on the Reservation water though.

The walleye bite is on fire right now on the SNR (Seneca Nation Reservation) waters as well as PA. I cannot help you with exact locations yet but after this weekend's DAV tournament, there will be more info forthcoming.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thanks guys. I think we are heading up over the 4th of July weekend. I know it's probably not the best time to be fishing there with all the rec boaters, but I want to take a long weekend. Guess it would be best to focus on the early morning, late evening time frames?

How / how much do you think all the surface activity affects the fish? Does it drive them to deeper water and/or a sluggish state?

I don't fish it enough to say....I normally drive right past and head to NY once their season is open. This spring was going to be my year to fish it more and the level was messed up all spring. So much for that! Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by EMA-SON View Post
    Thanks guys. I think we are heading up over the 4th of July weekend. I know it's probably not the best time to be fishing there with all the rec boaters, but I want to take a long weekend. Guess it would be best to focus on the early morning, late evening time frames?

How / how much do you think all the surface activity affects the fish? Does it drive them to deeper water and/or a sluggish state?
    I fish the res alot for musky in the summer, and the boat traffic doesn't seem to bother the fish as much as it does us, with all the waves hitting the boat as we are trying to troll. we do fish for walleyes some while we are there, and the morning/evening bites are best. there usually isn't much boat traffic until about 9:30 a.m. , and not too much after about 6:30/7:00 pm, so it's kinda peaceful during prime times. Hope this helps you some.

Last weekend there was a 54-team walleye tournament on the Zoo and 37 of those teams caught a limit of walleye. Anglers say that the fish are as fat as they have been in a long time.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com