www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Conditons

Default Conditons

Hey andrew im heading up there tomorrow just curious what the water temp is like and i know i sound like a broken record but where you think the muskies will be at in there spawn cycle? Thanks and good luck on the opening weekend/week. If you see a smokercraft 182 pro mag on the river feel free to stop and chat.

Hey I'm sure you're on your way up so hopefully you get this in time. I just got off 4 days on the water and haven't had a chance to check any computer stuff. As of yesterday, LOTW temps were around 63 degrees for the main lake, and about 68 for the spawning bays. I checked out some bays just to see what was happening and saw fish all over the place. Got a cool picture of 3 muskies just sunning themselves on a beach. Most fish looked REALLY beat up, as in JUST off the spawn. We had some follows while we were pike and bass fishing so the fish are moving and that was all on the small baits. I actually caught a 30lb'er by accident on a Mepps #5 pitching for bass on a rocky point so some fish have moved out of the bays. Cabbage growth is excellent in some areas, but poor in others so picking your weeds might impact success.

Overall I'd stick to the small baits if you notice the fish looking beat up. I think they are probably just starting to move around. The weather has been hot and muggy so hopefully it gets them going! I'll keep an eye out for you this week. I'm in a white Lund Explorer with a 90 Merc tiller.

Best of luck!
    Andrew Klassen Guide Service
    NW Ontario & Manitoba

Web Site: http://www.andrewklassen.com
    E-Mail: setthehook@shaw.ca
    Toll-Free: 1-866-676-FISH

Not so good fishing
    Last edited by mofferman; 06-18-2014 at 10:06 AM.