www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Yearly Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default To My Fans, I'll never let you down again.

You know what, Kevin, you are right. You all
    deserve the detailed report. My flimsy excuse is that my new job requirements have me busier. Weak, I know. Okay, here it is.
    151 total fish were caught in the boat or as keepers from the docks. Here is how it broke down.

Northern = 41 fish

Northern bit well on one nightly occasions using live minnows. On a windy night, my mother caught 5 northern between 23 to 25 inches using live minnows under the light in our resort's marina. The wind kept the bugs off us. She was laughing away with delight. We also got some nice ones trolling the weedlines in sucker bay on the way to other fishing.

walleye = 9 fish

I shadrapped for walley mostly unsuccessfully in the evening. However, on a few occasions of extremely high wind in Traders Bay, I got some very nice ones with 8 keepers for the week.

Crappie = 15 fish

I really enjoy crappie fishing. I do it more there every year. I only do well when it is still as glass outside. On two occasions I had the right conditions. I drifted in 3ft weedy shallows with freelined minnows. The crappie were huge and so fun to catch.

Rock bass = 35 fish

Many of the rock bass were caught while trying to catch crappie, but many were nice ones. I also hit a special beaver dam like I do every year to catch about 20 in an hour using big black jigs. I like to start with a few leeches until I get them started. Then I switch over.

Sunfish = 22 fish

My sons got most of the sunfish back at the marina, but I got some handsized ones by flyrodding one day in the old indian harbor.

perch = 25 fish

We picked up most of our perch by trolling. Brindleys harbor had tiny perch only. Larger ones were picked up in sucker bay and sand point area.

largemout bass = 4

I fished for them on one occasion with jelly worms. They didn't dissapoint.

Enjoy the lake all.

Steve

Default Thanks Steve!!!

Awesome report Steve, Thank You!!! I can now start lobbying the boss / wife for a return trip to Brindleys next summer. What do you think is up with the night bite? I haven't heard of too many people getting a quality night bite pulling cranks this year. Thanks again, Kevin.

Default Reply

Shadrapping for walley wasn't as successful for us this year. We got a couple in the evening. Most of ours from shadrapping were caught during extreme wind conditions on windblown coves or shorelines. The rougher the better.