www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: R U Ready!!! 2011 Muskie Opener

Default R U Ready!!! 2011 Muskie Opener

Only a couple more days to go! Things are looking better than they have for a number of years. As longs as this gradual warming trend continues through the week, we just might be looking at some record numbers and hopefully some really big fish. A number of the 'usual' opener crew have been in the shop this week and everyone is drooling over the possibilities. Sounds like most will spend most of their time on Crow and some will spend a day or two over on LOTW. Paul and the crew have been busy with a number of projects at the resort and I think everyone will be impressed once they get there and see it all.

Myself and Murph will be there as well as Luke (and Fritze?), Al & Heath and company, the Peters and the Nielsens. Anyone new, returning from the past or I just missed? Haven't heard if the Hartman's will be there or not.

Get your hooks sharp, put new line on, oil up the reels and bring lots of spare baits and/or extra hooks as I hope we will destroying or repairing lots of baits this year!
    Brett Erickson

Just checked the weather. Temps look good even though Wed is supposed to be the coolest at 19C. Bad news is it looks like rain just about every day. Make sure you pack lots of extra clothes, raingear (extra set wouldn't be a bad idea either) and a set or two of good waterproof boots.
    Brett Erickson

Cool We R Ready!

14hrs drive here I come, leaving Illinois 6am tomorrow. Hope to destory some baits, want to see lots of teeth marks in some of my creature baits. That all depends on what depth we find the fish I guess. Camcorder and camera are ready so I hope we get lots of fins and grins to show. Was impressed with Whitefish bay and learned alot last year, but if Crow is cooperative I may not cross the road, we shall see. Hope everyone has a safe and construction free drive up north!

Tight lines!
    Mike