www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 15 Fishing Report

Talking June 15 Fishing Report

Hi folks.
    Well we’ve seen some extremes again over the past week. Temperatures went from the low 90’s to the low 30’s and now we’re creeping our way back up again. Water temps have held rather well through all of this. We’ve had a few 72 to 75 degree spikes in water temp on the sunny flat days, but overall water temps are hovering around 66 as a constant right now. Weed growth is starting and should get better with each passing day.

Walleye fishing has been pretty fair over all. We’ve been getting some nice catches and some nice-sized walleyes the past few days, even through this past cold front. For the most part on the waters I’ve been on, it’s a redtail chub bite – and I’m using pretty good-sized minnows to boot. Fish have moved into the timber so if you’re on a timber-oriented lake, get right inside those snags and get down and dirty. Once you get a fish on, horse him up because he’s gonna want to go and wrap up down there. We’re not fishing particularly deep either – anywhere from 4 to 8 feet is where we’re finding them. If you’re on a weed oriented lake, work that new green weed. These bites are particularly good when you find those patches. Fish seem to be much more aggressive. We are seeing some bug hatches take place on some lakes. If you see some of these just starting on the lake you’re heading out, there will probably be some pretty good action to be had. If it’s got a lot of carcasses on it, life will probably be a lot slower, but not impossible. We should have a little bit of time left before the major hatches start on most of the area lakes.

MUSKIE fishing has also picked up dramatically in the past 48 hours. Fish that were just “lookers,” have turned into “takers” this time around. We’re finding them in shallow weeds and around downed timber and they’re hitting a variety of lures. Top water has begun to produce some pretty good action here as of late and should only get better if temps stay where they are. I’m looking for some pretty good action taking place and this should last the next couple of weeks.

SMALLMOUTH bass fishing has been phenomenal. These fish have been extremely aggressive and are hitting darn near anything you throw in their direction. I’ve been finding fish up very shallow around downed timber and rock. These warm sunny days have been the real gems, so if you like smally fishing, head out and enjoy.

Good luck fishing.
    Jeff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brian 1.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	13628  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313