www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 4th of july week

Default 4th of july week

Planniing a trip for the first time to the Flambeau Flowage over the 4th of july.Coming from northern Indiana ,would like to find a good place on the way to the Flowage & in the Mercer area to buy bait & slow fsll jigs. Staying in a cabin close to Merkle Lake.

There's a place in Mercer called Flambeau Flowage Sports (correct me if I got the name wrong anyone). They have everything you need and a very nice and helpful staff! I highly recommend them. It's right there on the main road in Mercer. Can't miss it. Sorry I can't give more details. One of the local guys will be able to though. We go up to the TFF from Cincinnati every year.

Default Bait and Jigs

You can buy all the bait you will need, along with slowfall jigs, and others at the Flambeau Flowage Sport Shop right in Mercer. Its located on the right side of Hy 51. They will also give you great information on the bite for the Flowage. Good Luck!

Oh and they're also a good place to get some lake maps for TFF. I highly recommend this if you don't have an electronic map on a GPS fish finder or something along those lines.

Ask one of your neighbors to show you the safe route out of Merkle.

A MAP IS A MUST GPS is good just take slow and safe and you will have a good time enjoy and be safe

Definitely get your hands on a map. You can contact the Mercer chamber of commerce and they will send you one. I'm not sure about all the boatlandings, but Springstead has maps and they are pretty darn good for free.

I second the notion to buy bait in Mercer at Flambeau. The trading post on 182 by Springstead Landing also carries bait but I swear they count every last minnow they give you.
    Matt

Thanks for all the information. I do Have a GPS with a Hotspots Map & a regular paper hot spots map.

Quote Originally Posted by mkoeh475 View Post
    The trading post on 182 by Springstead Landing also carries bait but I swear they count every last minnow they give you.
    another place for bait in Mercer is a little white gas station (Marathon maybe?), east side of 51, north end of town, just as you're headed out of town. Self-service for minnows.

HRG