The fishing has gotten alot tougher the last 4 days. I have personally guided on Sharpe and Francis Case from the Grain Bens to Red Rock. Caught my limit every day, but nothing was reel easy. Not sure what the deal is, but we are certainly going through transition. Through all of this, we have only had one guide group not go home with their limit this week. I am still at 100% for the year. One thing about it, it is nice to be guiding with the best guides in the midwest. Could not do it without them.

The fish on Sharpe have been all over the map. Some limits on 3 ft and some in 30 plus feet. Overall it is pretty tough. On Case most are fishing from 8-12 feet, with fish being caught in the dam area from 28-32 feet. Smallmouth Fishing has been excellent on Sharpe. Good White Bass Fishing on Case.

Here is my report for the week. Monday I had a grandfather/son from LaCrosse, WI. We had a fabulous morning catching 30 plus fish and having our limit in 2 hours. Tuesday-Thursday I had Colorado, Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois. Tuesday I fished south of town and caught 80 fish. Limit by 10:30. Wed I fished North ofTown (More action with the white bass). We caught over 150 fish with limit by 9:30 a.m. Thursday we had our limit by 10:30a.m. Then we went smally fishing and caught 20 with 2 over 18.

On Friday I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. Excellent day north of town. We caught over 150 fish. Took a little time but had limit (20) by 1:30p.m.

Sat and Sun I had a groupout from Harlan, IA. First day I thought it was time to fish Elm Creek. We ended up getttig our limit (20) at 2:30p.m. Sunday we fished north of town. 70 plus fish caught with limit by 11:00 a.m. Also cleaned 36 white bass.

Fishing is still good for the guides, with mixed results without.

Until Next time
Mike Allen