www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: big muskellunge landing

Default big muskellunge landing

can anybody tell me how the landing at the campground is? i have a 16 foot boat with a roller trailer. will i be able to launch there? thank you

That's the same question I have. I know last year the campground launch was a big mud flat. I went to the launch off of highway N. It was difficult to get in there as well. I was able to get the boat in the hole where guys power load, turn my boat around and push or paddle out far enough to drop the troller motor down. I hope they got enough rain to bring up the water level. I have a new boat now and need even a little deeper water to launch. I will be up there this Saturday fishing for eyes if I can get my boat in. Look for a 180W Lowe with a 150 big Johnson on it.
    JJ

I just got an E mail from a buddy of mine that has a house in Sayner. He fishes big muskie. He said that the water levels are up from what they were last year. The launch off off highway N even has the dock back in. So hopefully it's up enough to launch my boat. He doesn't go into the campground, so I can't tell you what that launch looks like. Maybe we'll see you out there. JJ

thanks for the information. wife and are on vacation next week. want to try a different place to camp.

Title of the thread had me excited... Thought I was going to see a picture of a big Musky. Oh well, wish I could help, but I have no idea.

Hi, I have a 16ft Lund and was able to launch it perfectly off N during the third week of May. I'm sure things are still the same.

Water levels are considerably higher than they have been out there in the past 5 years, and either Boulder Junction or the DNR did some work to deepen the launch and repave/grate the ramp with compacted rocks.

First time I was able to get the boat out there in 5 years!!! wooooooooooo!
    Andrew

thanks guys, we used the landing off hwy N. no problems. first time on the lake so we did not fish. just took a ride around the shore line. saw some big bass swimming by the logs, but find any weed beds.