www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011 Flatlander Invasion on Baystore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good luck Flatlanders (wish I was there ) ...watch out for the red boat with the yammy... he's totally out of control.

Cool Morson crew

whats going on with the flatlanders ? We are doing well here lots of fish seen and some finding the net 7 in camp yesterday from 33.5 to 45.5 a few hooked and lost.

Wink

The Flatlanders have returned from our 10th Annual trip on LOTW staying at the Bay Store Camp. Fishing was a little slower this year but all (16) members in attendance caught at least (1) fish. Our total # of Lunge was (51). Longest release went to Dave Jack with a 48 incher. Jeff Blanck had the most points for the trip totaling 107 points. We had (25) of the (51) fish measuring over 40 inches. Of these, (9) of the Esox were 45 inches or bigger. Friday was our best day with a total of (13) fish caught. Jerry Oestreich boated the biggest Pike at 40.5 inches. The most team points went to Dave Jack and Chris Riebe with a total of 168 points. The weather was sunny and warm but as usual over the full moon we had days of 15 - 20 MPH winds. We had only (1) day when it threatened to rain, but the sky's cleared by noon. I again want to thank Laura and Frank Walsh of the Bay Store for taking care of us and making our visit an enjoyable one.
    Steve Ruhmann

It was nice to see familiar faces again. Frank, Laura, DP, thanks for the good time. LOTW is a place you can't get out of your blood so it was nice to get my fix again. NETim, it was nice to put a face to a name. Nice meeting you. Steve, thanks for organizing the trip again this year. Nice job. Frank, thanks for distracting Steve long enough to get the deer leg in his sandwhich. I would have liked to see his face when he found it. Also, thanks for the use of the batteries, butt seat and bow light. Quite a shop-o-stuff you have up there.

Lots of bear sightings this year. I know of 4 different instances when one of the group saw a bear. I was actually able to get very close to the mother and 2 cubs since the wind was not blowing toward her. From what I hear, she should have been able to smell me anyways...I don't know why, though.

Odd thing happened Thursday...a loon not only followed my Cowgirl but we actually watched it hit the bait three times during the retrieve. I tried to reel it as fast as I could to get it away from the following bird, but it kept hitting the bait causing it tp flounder each time. Luckily it didn't get hooked. It looked like a milk jug darting back and forth from side to side, each time striking the bait...wierd.

It was nice fishing with Harvey and I was able to catch two fish on spots he showed me. Thaks Harbey. He didn't act like an old gummer and kept throwing hard the whole time. Ted, it was nice to fish with you Sunday. We laughed the whole day. Even caught a fish. Don't tell Gene ALL my spots even if you have already fished them.

Can't wait 'til next time.

Jeff

I am hoping to make it next year. No promises (so you may still be in luck DP) but want it in a bad way. Could be Team Hareball again. Miss ya Frank (and that other guy too). Sully

Sully,
    It pains me to say this but perhaps you should come back.After all,I'd like to see for myself if you've aged as much as Jeff,Steve and others mentioned.On the other hand,if you do return,please leave your sick fetishes at home.Frankly the things those guys told me you engage in are revolting.
    Your friend from far away.(thankfully)
    DP

Default Miracles Do Happen -

Thanks for the Spot DP!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miracles Do Happen 001.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	14135