www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone out?

Default Anyone out?

anyone have any reports lately? Has the water cleared up? Bass bitin?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Fished a few hours Sat. evening and Sun morning. Topwater was good on weed edges. Water is stained on the south side. Did not go up north. I would say the bass are biting. Also caught a few on main lake points with lay downs flipping soft plastics.

Dave

Default Sunday

Fishing was great sunday morning! Me and my buddie caught 39 bass all on main lake. We probably missed another 10. We caught 6 smallmouth, one that my buddy caught was over 2lbs and 18 inches long. Smallmouth look to be in great shape, really thick and really stocky. We also caught some big largemouth, top 5 fish were over 18 lbs. Once the sun and boats came out we lost the bite. Boat traffic was crazy mad around noon, we went into coves and never caught a fish! Water temp was hanging around 83 and clarity wasn't too bad.

Sounds like a great day! Are they still really shallow in the main lake point weeds or have they moved out deeper?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Default kinkaid smallie

All the fish we caught were on topwater and crankbaits around rocks, weedbeds and laydowns.

Nice smallie!

Thanks for the info,
    Andrew

I have been seeing guys out there hammering big bass on frogs over the weeds. Looks like fun!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Here is a photo of an 18.5" smallie that was caught earlier this year out of Kinkaid. I guess in a bass tournament a few weeks ago there were two 17 inch smallies weighed in.

The biologist told me that he has stocked 35,000 4 inch smallies since 2005.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMB Kinkaid Krause May 2011.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	13625  
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

That's impressive information. I have fished the lake the last couple of years and have yet to catch one. Any tips as to what areas are holding the smallies? I would assume around rocky areas and deeper?