www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

I took Clients out on Thursday for Smallmouth and Musky trip and the Smallmouth action was HOT!!! We were fishing the North Fork of the Flambeau river. The bass were sitting on shallow cover and we were catching them on 4" Tubes, If plastics are not your game we also hit some nice fish on a slo-poke weedless jig and a jumbo leech but the fish caught on live bait seemed to run smaller. I rig the tube with an internal weight and weedless so it pulls thru the rock and wood better. Stop in Ross's Sport Shop and I will show you the rig if you ask.

Musky action was good too, we put a 41.5 and a 37 in the boat and lost another mid 30's at the boat. We had a pile of follows and 3 or 4 missed fish. The fish seemed to like Pallbearer Glide Baits the best in bright colors the 41.5 was caught on a Dreamcatcher Bucktail. Look for the Musky in very shallow water staying close to spawning panfish and bass.

If your comming to the Phillips area to fish Stop in at Ross's Sport Shop for all your fishing needs and for up to date fishing info. Also hire one of Ross's Sports Shops 4 fishing guides to put you on some quality fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012r.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	13563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002r.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	13564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009r.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	13565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0082r.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	13566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	13567  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006r.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	13568  
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

John

Great report looks like the fishing has been good ! We are coming up this Friday through the next Saturday and we stay in PF. We usually fish the river both in town and then the first three pools down stream or west of FiField. So the smallies are on the stumps it sounds like and have the Northern been biting as that is what we like to catch for eating ? We boated 5 muskies on the river last year biggest being 34" while casting for Northern so hoping to hook a couple more this year as the fight is great. My wife and I and daughter along with my parents are coming up and was also wondering about any panfishing in the area ? Some place we can get the ladies on some easy fishing ? Any help would be great !

Thank you in advance !

Chad