Sorry it has been a while. I am back in the saddle again. Muskie have been slow to get moving this years with the weather being cool (in general) and weed growth slow to start. I have been finding fish in the 8 foot or less depths in and around old/new weed growth. Bucktails, Topwaters, glide baits, and twitch baits have all been showing fish. The size of these baits have all been in the 6 inch or less size range. A fare amount of nice size fish have been following but very few have been hitting at this time. Warm stable weather should get these fish in the mood.
Walleye have been in the weeds in 8 feet of water or less use a 1/16 oz jig and minnow combo to contact these fish with a few bonus Perch and Crappie mixed in. The key to catching fish right now is to cover alot of water and keep moving from spot to spot. Fish have been very scattered and I only stop moving to pick apart a spot I pull a fish from. I have some guiding coming up and will report on my findings early next week. Good Luck