www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for June 7

Default Fishing Report for June 7

Holy Crap!! I have totally been slacking on fishing reports! So Sorry!
    I have been fishing on the Chip everyday since my last report. The bluegills have moved into the shallows, and the crappies have moved out! We have been getting a ton of nice gills in the bullrushes and cattails. We have been using a Double A jig below an ice fishing bobber. Just keep moving when you are fishing, there is only a fish or two in each spot. The crappies have moved the the weed beds just outside of where they spawned at have your jig set just on top of the weeds.

Musky fished a few days this week too on the chip. Moving fish pretty much everywhere there are green weeds, but I think with this extreme heat its making them tough to bite. Top baits are Slammer drop belly gliders, river 2 sea BossyMarck swimbaits, and cowgirls.

We also casted stick baits for whatever would bite for a while and got a ton of pike in the green weeds, and a few walleye too that we let go.

Water temps shot up to the upper 70's. That is just the surface temps, and with the cooler water temps it should even back out, and I think fishing will be great here the next few days.

Good luck,

Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Default Lco

I will be at Anglers Haven on LCO for a week starting June 11. I have never fished this lake before and will be fishing for mainly walleye. What areas of the lake are best, I will be trolling both spinners and flicker shad. I would also like to get some smallies and pan fish(does this lake have any perch). Any tips would help alot. Thanks

For walleye on LCO Trolling is always a great option, both open water and trolling the flats in 12-16 feet of water with crawlers or crankbaits willl work. Also you can fish the weeds, either with jigs or slip bobbers. Those will be the best ways to catch walleye out there. There are some good panfish in Musky Bay and Stucky Bay. And there are some nice perch in the lake too.

hope this helps.

Good Luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

what are you putting below the slipbobber(leach, minnow or crawler)? Have you fished mimmic minnows or ripple shad in the weeds?