www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boat Ramp ?

Default Boat Ramp ?

What is the best boat ramp to use to put me close to the smallmouth action on Mile Lacs? Is there a certain part of the lake that has better structure? I have a 21ft bass boat.

Thanks,
    Kent

Kent:

It really just depends on the area of the lake you want to fish and/or how far you are willing to run. On the south end we put in at Isle in Isle Bay and from there would target everything to the west side of Waukon Bay. On the East side we would use Liberty or Hunters Point. On the north side we would use Red Door, Wealthwood or the public one just to the west of Myr Mar. I think on the west side we used the one just to the north of Vineland with a long Indian name that started with S (Saskabong, maybe???), as you can tell we only used it once. Good bass stuff available on all sides of the lake.

And I am sure there are many others that can be used as well.

Mark

Summers: Lake Mille Lacs, Mn, Winters: Lockport, IL

Default Best Ramp for bassin?

Kent, I agree with Marks comments, that most all areas of Mille Lacs hold good numbers of smb, and the ramps he lists are good ones.

I play the wind when decieding which area of the lake to fish. As you know ML can get quite challenging when the wind blows. A general rule if the wind is over 10mph I will fish the opposite (calm) side of the pond. I too run a 21 footer but wind is important to having good boat control. Often boat control over the reefs mean good catches.

Great question, thanks for asking. Good luck
    Jim DaRosa
    Jim DaRosa's Smallmouth Bass Guide Service

Web Site: http://www.FishSmallmouthBass.com

Co Host Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show
    Web Site: http://www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com

"If man concentrated on the important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles and duck decoys."

Gentlemen: Thanks for your comments. I like the idea of playing the wind, I am going to follow this practice next time I make it up. I am very interested in learning more about smallmouth fishing and I really appreciate all the posts in this forum.

x2, have you been able to make it up yet?
    KEEPFISHN4FUN