www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Panfishing in Area

Smile Panfishing in Area

Hello

Heading up to Park Falls 6/17-6/24 . Normally fish for Northerns but we are bringing a new guy who would like to find some gills or crappies. Anyone have a some help on what if any lakes may be good for some pan fishing in the area between PF and Mercer ? Also if your looking for somebody to take some of the Northerns off your hands are there any lakes that are good that might need some thinning out ?

Thanks in advance !

Chad

sent you a personal reply let know SS612

are going to fish the flowage or just a couple of lakes when are you heading there

Staying just outside PF will not fish the TFF is my guess only been on it once and don't know it well at all - will fish the other lakes around and also will fish the river in and around PF

Thx

you should try butternut lake just north of pf one of the resorts has a public access gd for bass northern and musky check out the dnr web page and the lake survay map or call dnr office in pf or local chamber of .

Default just to be clear...

there are very few bass in butternut lake, northerns are present and when found are bigger than most of the muskies in butternut. also, there are a ton of muskies in butternut that average 30 inches. i just caught a 26 in muskie and kept it to eat as the dnr wants people to keep every muskie under 40 inches due to them being overpopulated and they taste just as good as pike. take a small muskie lure/larger sized bass spinner and cast for muskies.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Smile Fishing Info

You can contact the Park Falls Chamber at www.parkfalls.com for info about area lakes. I would also suggest contacting Bridge Bait in Park Falls at 715-762-4108 or Ross's Bait Shop in Phillips at 715-339-3625.

Enjoy your visit to the area and Good Luck.

Default 'Ya gotta be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by teenfisher View Post
    i just caught a 26 in muskie and kept it to eat as the dnr wants people to keep every muskie under 40 inches due to them being overpopulated and they taste just as good as pike.
    HUH??

Where in the world did you come up with THIS gem?

You're pulling our leg, right?

Butternut lake currently has a 34 inch min. size limit on muskys. That length limit will most likely be shortened next year but to 28 inches.

Default Oopps!

i swear that there was a post by the dnr at the main boat landing on butternut that they wanted you to keep any muskie under 40 inches.