www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 6/5

Default Fishing Report 6/5

It has been a while since my last post and I am sorry for that. Many fish are shallow right now. Crappies can be found shallow and are willing to bite. Small minnows or tube jigs on slip bobbers have been very effective. Look for spawning areas such as reeds and downed wood for the best results. The smallies are up on beds on many area lakes. Remember that it is catch and release season for bass for a couple more weeks so be sure to be careful with these fish and get them back in the water as soon as possible. The walleye actin continues to be somewhat inconsistant. We have had to work for them but the most consistant has been the new weed growth. If you have a wind blowing into the weeds in 6-8 foot of water the fish have been there. Musky action is picking up. I have not been out after muskys since the opener but this week we are going to get some musky tossing in. I am going to look for the new weed growth with jerkbaits and twitch baits. I think that this week we couls see some fish come up and chase topwater. I will let you know how it goes. I have attached a few photos from last weeks action.

Good Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marianne Smallie.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	13498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitch Smallie.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	13499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitch Walleye.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	13500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Claire Smallie 1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	13501  
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com