www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Post June 2011 Trip Reports Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We were up at our place across from Mylies the 10th-13th and fishing was very good. The walleyes were on the sand/rock areas and on the reefs. We caught them on pretty much anything we put down - crawlers, leeches, minnows, gulp.
    2 24", a 26", 28", and a 30". Back up the 24th to fish muskies. Cant wait.
    Jason

Default Morson 6/17-19

Had a very fun weekend. We fished traditional mid-June structure, points and rip rap shorelines and some humps off the shore. Caught a lot of 12-17" trolling spinners with minnows, leeches and/or twister tails, anywhere from 6-12 feet. Biggest fish of the weekend was only 18", but made up for quality with quantity, which was perfect with my two boys and their Grandma fishing. We fished around the Sunset Channel, Myles Bay and north of Rabbit Island. Caught fish at every spot. I know a lot of folks got walleyes out on the reefs, too.

Also fished for smallies, but struggled to find anything but a couple small northerns.

Back up over July 4 for more walleyes, attempt smallies again - and now this year, my 10 yr old really wants to muskie fish, so we're going to throw that into the mix.

If anyone wants to share a few muskie and/or smallie spots, please do (of course we C&R)!

Was up June 10-12. Caught a lot of walleye in deeper than usual water on reefs using crawlers and hammered silver lindy rigs. Went out saturday evening to stir up the pike population in Burrow Bay. Had AWESOME action in the hour and a half we were out. They hit top water and smaller bucktails. Lots of follows on bigger double cowgirls but absolutely murdered small mepps #5s. Work the DLZ the next 3 weekends so will be back up to the cabin mid July to chase muskys around.

Sondag - Thanks for the tip! I might have to take you up on that offer! Our place is right across the bay from Mylies so maybe I'll see ya up in Sabaskong some time! Good luck this weekend!

P.S. I'd like to to put an order in for a couple of these DCG Specials I keep reading about .