The weather has a played a big part in the results of our fishing this past week or so. We have had a lot of high winds. Making it almost impossible for people to get out fishing for a few of those days.

Over-all I would say that fishing has been very good on Lake Gogebic.

The Small Mouth Bass fishing has been fantastic. I have been finding these Smallies in the same areas that I am fishing for Walleye. Shallow rock areas.

Some folks are bobber fishing fishing for the Walleye and coming up with a mix bag of Walleye and Perch along with some Sun fish.

Just a FYI the Lake Gogebic Chapter Of Walleyes For Tomorrow started a five year Perch spawning habitat research project. We are monitoring these habitats with underwater cameras that have recording devices. We found in our first year that we do have Perch spawning on these structures.

This is a huge success in my eyes. We have some ideas to improve on this project for next year but this is a great thing for the lake. Our goal in doing this is to increase the number of Perch in this lake and the Perch will also be a natural forage for the Walleye, which should help increase the growth rate of the Walleye in this lake.

If anyone is interested in becoming a member of our non profit organization you can contact us here at The Timbers Resort. Our Contact information is listed below.

Here is our mission statement, just to give you more information about W.F.T..

WALLEYES FOR TOMORROW

MISSION

The mission of Walleyes For Tomorrow Inc. is to undertake projects and activities that will improve the quality of walleye and sauger populations.

This may be achieved by, but not limited to the following goals and methods.

a. Water quality improvement
b. Habitat quality improvement
c. Spawning protection
d. Stocking
e. Promotion and support of studies and research
f. Education of the public to increase awareness of resource needs

Walleyes For Tomorrow will provide the needed resources to achieve the above through the fundraising efforts of local chapters.

Projects and activities may by accomplished by Walleyes For Tomorrow alone or in collaboration with other conservation orientated organizations, federal, state and local governmental agencies

GIVE A MAN A FISH, AND FEED HIM FOR A DAY

TEACH A MAN TO FISH, AND FEED HIM FOR LIFE