www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fishing the sugar camp area

Default fishing the sugar camp area

this is a reply to mcfish and all the others out there viewing this site who have never fished with old gare. I too would "troll" the fishing report web sites "chating" with the guides who post reports hoping to learn enough information to make a fishing trip up north successfull. Once in a while you could get enough information to "stumble" onto a good day of fishing from the advice you got, but more often than not I (you) find yourself wandering aimlessly around the lake, frustrated, only connecting with the occassional fish, wondering ANGRILY "what are the locals doing right now to catch fish". Like the rest of you BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT!!!!. What i'm trying to say is while times are tough for all of us right now if you truly want to make the most of your "up north fishing experience" find a way to hire GARE for his guiding experience. Whether its for a whole day or a half day the information learned while fishing with gare is priceless. I have hired gare two times. Once in the summer, and once in the winter for ice fishing. The knowledge i have learned from location, techniques, seasonal trends has transformed my fishing succuss up north. I now put fish (lots of times lots of them) in the boat regularly, all cause of the times I fished with gare as my guide. I promise you if you have gare guide you your success will increase ten fold. More than being one hell of a fisherman he is a really great guy. More than the fishing knowledge I have made a new friend in gare!!!! Its fun to stay in touch with him and "race circles around him in my boat on the lake when i bump into him". Give em a try. You will not be dissappointed. Also any of you with families and young children he is amazing a creating memories of a lifetime fishing with your little ones......

gcop:

I have never fished or met Gare. But he and the rest of his peers in the guiding industry are so well worth the money spent. Sometimes it may take a whole day of learning the technique (presentation), that without the guide to put you on the fish (location), we would never get enough practice to make the technique work (success). In-Fisherman's > L + P = Success!!!

Mark

Gare's 100% right. If you're serious about fishing, hire a guide. It's that simple. And if you want to fish Sugar Camp area, it's Gare.

Me and another guy from our group of six will be fishing with Gare hope to learn from his expertise . I bet we end up outfishing the other 4 guys by weeks end. Took a 1/2 day off today , cant wait to get up there. Steve

mcfish,

congratulations on your decision to fish with old gare.... You are in for one heck of a good experience. I have no doubt you and your buddy will out fish the rest of your group after learning from gare......

Fishing with Gare a week from Monday looking for a great time after all the good comments