www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weather seems hotter than usual?

Default Weather seems hotter than usual?

The Cincinnati gang is headed up to Leech for our third annual trip on June 10th. I always worry that we're going to miss the bite or get there before it although the last two years have both been very good. Is the weather a little hotter than normal or is that just my paranoia?

paranoia... Grady, just go have a great time on one of the great lakes in the Country. The bite is not going to change, its location may, but the bite will be strong for at least a couple of weeks yet. We were there last year the week of the 19th and the mayfly hatch was going and our fishing was still superb!!!

Mark

Heading up to Leech end of this week. Can't wait!! This will be my 9th year in a row and it gets better every year. We stay on the East side - Chippewa Lodge

Anyway, overall the spring/ice out arrived several weeks later than it did last year. So I'm guessing on average its been cooler up there and everything is a little behind schedule. Can any of you confirm that? Are fish still in the bays spawning or are they starting to move out. Or are they completely out already. Maybe its been hotter than usual for the past week, but overall, its been a later spring so I thought it would have been cooler.

Anyone know if the water level is up? Also, whats the weed growth like?

Default Weeds

Due to the cold weather the weed growth is a bit behind normal seasonal growth. We did have some warm temps earlier this week, but now we are back with a serious cold front. Water temps were in the mid 60's earlier this week but I can imagine they are now back in the 50's. The water level is higher this season which may have some influence on the weed growth.

I have not been in the weed beds in Sucker Bay so I do not know their growth. Time to keep moving and looking for the best weed growth.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com