www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Update 6-3-11

Default Fishing Update 6-3-11

What a crazy spring it has been. We go straight from cool weather to the hot stuff. We need a weather change bad right now. The lake is coming down really good better than I thought but who would have thought the rain would have left us like it has. The lake is still at 17 feet it's clear and in good shape. We still only have Scotts Creek and Alfrey boat ramps open as of now. It will be a while before the others open up. For well over 2 weeks now I have raised on average 10 fish a day with a shot at a couple of them. If we could get some weather in here it would be unreal what would happen. The weather has been the same for way to long need something to change. In the last couple weeks I have seen some really nice fish fishing the bushes. The key for me has been fishing the bushes that's close to where the water would be at when it's summer pool stage. Most of the time my boat is sitting in around 15-25 feet of water throwing up in the bushes. The lures have been Little Medussa, Cowgirl, 1oz Muskie Pete Spinnerbait. All of these have produced really good over the last 2 weeks. It seems the bite is super early and late getting out after 8 is no good most of the action has been daylight to about 8 for the bitting fish. Then right before dark it starts again. Trolling has been producing fish as well. Trolling Little Ernies, Believers, Depth Raiders not only along the bushes but out into open water as well. With the water coming down it will spread out the fish so trolling can really be good. Good luck this weekend and I will see you on the pond.
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

sounds awesome Justin! Wish I wasn't working 7 days a week! post up some pics brother, I'm dying to see some

Justin,

I always like reading your fishing report. I have only fished the Cave 1 time but your reports help me fish my home waters since I fish Southern waters too. Thanks for sharing your fishing reports. What is a 1 oz muskie pete spinnerbait?

Thanks

HI

Glad you enjoy my reports.. The spinnerbait is a long arm spinnerbait in size 1oz the company is called Muskie Pete Tackle.. Great spinnerbait you should check them out. High quality and great performance!
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com