www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Fishing Report

Default Musky Fishing Report

The Musky opener was pretty good considering the weather combined with cold water temps. Spent the majority of the time Saturday fishing in 1-3' of water using twitch baits. We managed to put a 30" and 34" in the net and had 5 other follows and hooked and lost another fish about 34". Muskies were stacked up in areas with warmer water and large schools of baitfish you could see breaking the surface. Went out and tried some open water on Sunday trying to find some larger fish and had pretty good action as well. Had one fish hooked and lost that was about 42" and 4 other follows with three of them being over 40". Warm weather should help get the bigger fish a little more active, and I am expecting the open water bite should be good for a few more weeks. Good Luck!
    Andy Huffmaster
    Andy's Guide Service

Web Site: www.andysmuskieguideservice.com

Last wednesday night I caught this one. Using a 7ft. Ultralight made for a good time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5250292small.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	13475  
    Matt

mkoeh, did you release it or eat it?

Had to watch it swim away. The season wasn't open at that point so it was a no-brainer. My mouth was watering at the sight of that fish though
    Matt