www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Trips (Poll)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I agree with iclund, Kawartha Lakes for numbers. We make the trip every September and usually get into numbers. Last year 8 guys, six days fished, 62 muskies landed....only 5 over 40'', largest at 45". My uncle has been making the trip for the past 20+ years, and that was by far the best year for numbers.
    It's about an 8 hr drive from State College, not to bad.

Jay, since you mentioned shorter trips, I would definatly put the Susquahana River on your short list. It has decent numbers with a few sows thrown in for good measure. Jmo.

When we were deciding on where to go for our week long trip, we made sure we would be able to fish good water regardless of wind speed/direction. Some lakes just do not handle big wind and have no bays to "hide" in during certain wind directions.

Our biggest fear was to drive 18 hours to MN and then get blown off the water. We also towed my partner's big water Lund out there instead of relying on the resort's 17ft. boats to handle the (potentially) big waves. It cost us MUCH more in gas to drag that thing out there but at least we were going to fish regardless of the weather.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

+1 on Kawarthas! Green acres resort! The owner John McBride will help you out Big time!

Brian

I'm definitely gonna have to check into kawartha lakes. Sounds like that might be a great trip. The numbers sound perfect for me. I gotta spend this season focusing on my hooksetting with the flyrod. Once I get that consistent, I'm gonna be a flythrowin, musky-catchin machine!!! LOL

Thanks for all the input guys!!

Jay

Anyone ever go to the Lunge Lodge? Friend of a friend owns the place. He's a local guy from Ohio. It's on the Upper French River in Ontario.

Never been to Lunge Lodge, but I've heard good things about it. I've been going to that area (Upper French/Lake Nippising) for 25+ years but have always stayed at Sandy Haven Camp.