www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: bass fishing

Default bass fishing

God I love bass fishing! Went to Ogonz Bay and limited out in 1 1/2 hrs. Lots of boats out there....maybe 20-25. I have never seen the boat landing so full.

Thumbs up Bass

Good for you, I love that bay, its great to catch just about everything from perch/walleyes/bass..... to browns and splake after ice out.

There are times you can have a limit of bass in 6 casts, (im counting on loosing one). It should only get better for the next couple weeks. And after the bays slows down you can follow them onto the shoals and rock piles in the outer bay.

Where's the main launch over that way--down highway 503?

Default launch

I launch right at Ogonz Bay. If you are driving from Rapid River...go until you hit the 4 lane highway. When the 4 lane is just about to end you will hang a right. There is a sign for a fishing charter just before turn...I believe it is Midnight Charters..but not positive. The launch is about 5 miles down...Follow signs.

Thanks Jigginfins, I remember a few years ago we were there fishing bass in mid July, the fish were running in schools of 20-30 fish. It seemed like we were catching the smaller ones and they were average 16". they swarmed the fish that was on the line. I had never seen that before. It was very exciting! FUN!!!