www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: boat trailer lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you everyone for all the tips.
    I reran a new ground wire with no success.
    Looked in my book for my truck so I could check fuses. But found no reference. So I poked around until I found the right one. One of the fuses had blown. EASY FIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman72 View Post
    Thank you everyone for all the tips.
    I reran a new ground wire with no success.
    Looked in my book for my truck so I could check fuses. But found no reference. So I poked around until I found the right one. One of the fuses had blown. EASY FIT!!!
    You haven't really arrived as an experienced trailer-light repair person until the day when you've spent hours and hours in vain trying to fix something...only to find out it was a fuse. Welcome to the sacred club

I finally broke down last week and bought the high-end LED lights for my trailer. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. Love them! I put a cheap (new) pair of lights on the trailer back in April...by June they were already trashed.

Then I figured "with all the money I spend on this sport...why do I keep skimping on the trailer lights?"

I had no good answer--so I bought the good stuff. Finally!

Don't think for a second that I wasn't on the edge of ripping the plug off the back of my truck and "looking" for the broken BROWN wire. Boy....That would have been fun...And just think...put it all back together again to find out it still didn't work.
    I'm super happy my friend came over with his truck and we hooked up and found all the lights worked fine. It sure made the decision of looking at all the fuses much easier.

The wiring on my old truck use to break by my plug every year it seemed. So I did get rather good at changing out the plugs.