www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opener

Default Opener

Hey Steve,

Any decent Walleye's being caught so far? If so, where are they hiding this time of year and what are they hitting on? I've never been up this early for walleye's so it should be interesting. We'll be up Saturday!

Paul

Default walleyes

i'll be posting a detailed report soon as patterns,weather,etc are coming together each and everyday. we had almost 2 weeks of beautiful weather 70-80 degress and of course on opening weekend it went to heck.but basically it is a typical spring bite. lots of nice eaters 16-18",more slot fish 18-23" and numbers of fish 23-27" so far. danny was out sat with 2 boats caught 80-90 fish,only 16 under the slot,monday scratched and clawed to boat 30-35 though they also got some nice bass and a couple big pike to pushing 20#. caught only a couple on the spots they pounded em' on sat. so fish are moving around which is typical.
    soon the bigger females will be recouping,moving in shallow again after recouping and will start showing up with regularity. most fish have been coming fairly shallow 4-14' off rocks,sand,gravel,and downed timber though now with sun popping out again some fish are moving into the dark bottomed bays and flats with newly emerging weed cover as bait fish come in looking for warm water. even though the spawn is over there are still fish using creeks,creek mouths and nearby spawning areas also. jigs and minnows have produced most fish though the wilke group has been catching fish on jigs and ringworms and other plastics.
    some nice bass have been boated,pike to 43",lake trout to 12-20# and while definatly some groups are doing better than others fishing has been pretty good and will get much better now that weather is stabilizing again,wind shifting s-sw after a front and 3-4 days of east and north winds.
    main thing is fish are constantly on the move looking for warmer water and roving baitfish schools so don't stay long in a spot if it ain't hapening,stick and move fishing good spots 2-3 times a day quickly rather than once for a long time unless they are there and biting. i'm sure you'll do just fine once you get here,water is warming back up,weather stabilizing again,and there's plenty of fish.
    see ya soon!!
    steve
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Default Water Temps

Can you tell me what range of surface temps you are currently finding Thanks

Default water temps

last week was moving up into the 60's, dropped into the 50's over the weekend front but sun is out and water temps slowly creeping back up into the 60's.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com