www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 5/23 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Default 5/23 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18inwally.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	13342

Wallys are picking up their feed finally, ran across some nice 16-18in fish surprisingly shallow, 3-5ft of water or along the inside of what will be the summer weedline. Crappies are also on the move, matter of fact they're hot right now. They're in the same areas we found the walleyes. A simple approach is all that's needed for some good action right now. Slip-bobbers and minnows for the crappie and 1/16oz jig tipped with a minnow crawled along bottom for the eyes.

Smallies are just starting to warm up for their spawn, we've run across a few big females so far but mostly a lot of smaller males are being caught now. Remember, bass are catch and release right now but pound for pound smallies are scrappy fighters that make all but the muskie look like woosies, HA! Baits like jigs, tube jigs, Rapalas, spinner baits, etc. will give you action.

I'm not sure why, but that looks like a photo-shopped picture... Something just looks funny about it. Maybe it's just the "model"?

You busted me Jeremy... had to photoshop Kevin's head bigger... cuz he's such a pinhead! HAHAHAHAHA! Don't ya just love the "gangsta" look with the hat?

Kevin: You know I'm just messing with ya...