www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Perch action on LBDN?

Default Perch action on LBDN?

Just wondering if anyone has been catching any perch on LBDN recently. Don't need exact locations. Just an idea if it's worth pursuing or not.

I was out Thursday and tried some of my fav crappie haunts--nothing yet.

PM me if you'd like.

Default What Perch ?

we were out by the green buoy at the narrows and marked lots of bait-or-perch fished for 1 hour or more and got zippo.

Default Perch.....

Targeted perch today and well lets just say I have enough wigglers left over for an omelet...... Over 8 hrs. and guess what ...8 perch kept.. Fished narrows, days, can, east shore...ect... Marked some but wow what a dissapointment. Also caught sm. eye's, suckers, white bass and just about everything but a goby. Used minnows, wigglers, worms, crawlers and gulp. nothin happenin but a nice day none the less..

Default perch

got 2 perch and 1 22" walleye last night on north east end in 18-25 fow trolling walleyes choice harnesses , went out today got one 17"walleye in same area , then fished several areas for perch or crappie and nothing . tried crawlers , minnows and casting beetle spins.

Default Mid-day Perch

This is one of the things I have done for perch that I have marked on the locator during the brightest part of the day in deep water on LBDN. First, mark some fish near bottom in fairly deep water (20 - 35 feet or more). Next double anchor upwind of the school. Use a slip float rig with the bait riding from 3 to 4 feet above bottom, and rig a 2 to 2 1/2 inch minnow with the hook impaled through the tail or just above it. Cast this rig to a spot upwind of the marked fish and let it drift down through them. Occasionally pull up on the line to make the minnow rise in the water column, then let is fall back. I've taken some great perch doing this, but not a lot of them on any given day. It seems to appeal to large perch, but you have to remember that there are never as many big fish as there are smaller ones.

Thanks for the updates and the tips, guys.

Appreciate it!