www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Deadhead found

Exclamation Deadhead found

Hey all, two friends and I was fishing at about 12:00am just south of the dead river and got all four lines hung up.We were in 9' of water and found the dead head.I had my friend tie a rope around it and towed it to the docks in Kippling.Sorry it was late and we didnt do to much with it because we had a long drive back to Marquette.Look out out there.

I dont want to sound like a dork, but what's a deadhead?

Jfish.. A log in the lake sometimes just under the surface or barely at the surface. It may be floating or stuck in the bottom but sometimes all you can see is the end of it sticking up, Thus the name "dead head". Very hazardous because they are hard to see.. real bad part is the ones that are floating.. wont be in the same spot two days in a row.

And Thx Fishingg3 for looklin out for the fellow angler.
    OK... 10 More Minutes

Thumbs up Dead Head

THANK YOU ! REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN FOR OTHERS.
    I saw it at the Kipling Landing last night. WOW !

oh that's what you call them. When I go up there I usually fish where the Rapid, Whitefish river meet at. There are a couple of spots in there where you have to watch out for those. I will be heading up next weekend to try and catch something. Can I launch a 16 foot deep v at Rapid River? or is the water too low?

Quote Originally Posted by jfish121 View Post
    oh that's what you call them. When I go up there I usually fish where the Rapid, Whitefish river meet at. There are a couple of spots in there where you have to watch out for those. I will be heading up next weekend to try and catch something. Can I launch a 16 foot deep v at Rapid River? or is the water too low?
    I was at the launch the other day and talked to some DNR folks who were there removing some deadheads. I had the same questions you do (as I have a 16' Lund). They discouraged me from trying it. Their opinion: while you could probably launch okay, it's dicey by the mouth (one of their guys had to get out and push their boat off a sandbar there the other day).

That said, there were two trucks and trailers in the parking lot--some are obviously doing it.

I also failed to point out the irony to them that they were there removing deadheads from the launch to make it more usable--but then recommending people not use the launch.

Anyway. That's one report. I'd get a second opinion.