www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Alum Conditions

Default Alum Conditions

I was thinking about trying to get out on Sunday and I am debating between Alum or Clearfork. Alum is closer, but can anyone provide any info on the lake? When I was there a few weeks ago it was complete chocolate milk. Has there been any action on the lake at all lately?

Thanks,
    Greg

Default Last Sunday on Alum

Greg,

I was out last Sunday on the lake for 6 hours. Water temp was 64 +/- and clarity wasn't great but fishable. Maybe 12" visibility. Rain all week so I doubt it will be any better, and likely could be worse this coming weekend.

I trolled for about an hour and casted for five in a long list of prime spots that I like for this time of year. No fish, no follows, no rips. Zero action. I've heard similar reports from several people I've talked to recently, although we had a report at our meeting (May 10th) of one very big fish lost at the net that Tuesday.

I may try again this coming Sunday. It's hard to be optimistic. Good luck if you get out.

Rob

Default Alum

Rob,
    Thanks for the info. I put a new 24v trolling motor on so, I want to make sure it's working properly and get some fishing in also. We will be going to St. Clair on the 15-17th of June, so I want to make sure it's all good.

I made up some 5 and 6" gliders and caught some nice pike on Georgian Bay last week.

I may see you out on Sunday. I have a different boat this year. I have an 18ft Javelin Deep V. It's red and white.

Thanks again,
    Greg

OHMC tournament this weekend at Clearfork for anyone interested. I agree with Rob about the visability issue because of the rain.

Greg.

George and I went out this morning for about 5 hours. We were mainly casting the coves on the south end. No action at all. Water is murky but fishable. I have not heard of a single fish landed from Alum (the lake) for over 2 months now. Like Rob, I am trying to be optimistic but it's getting tough. If your tossin' the coin between Alum and Clearfork this weekend, I would keep tossing until it lands on Clearfork.

Good luck.
    Cliff

Default Alum

Hi Cliff,
    Thanks for the info. Due to some time constraints, I am going to give Alum a shot. I can only be out until 11am tomorrow, so Clearfork would be too far for me to drive for just a couple of hours. I really want to make sure my new trolling motor works etc. I have only only my new (used) boat out once this year, so I want to make sure everything is in good order when I head to St. Clair in mid June. I will post our results tomorrow. Sounds like it will be tough, but it beats working!

Thanks,
    Greg