www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pickeral lake County J

Smile Pickeral lake County J

Has anyone been out here? Just looking for a fishing report. Also where are the musky here? I have fished the river mouth,and the whole shoreline with limited success..I know the numbers of fish areant good here but the quality is great. Not looking for anyones hotspot but maybe a tip,bait ect....Thank you..

My understanding of pickeral is that it is more of a northern pike lake than a musky lake. However, if you keep fishing those weedbeds, you should eventually score. Muskies are, by definition, scarce and hard to come by. Keep at it. My favorite lure for weeds is a Fudally Musky Candy spinnerbait. You can get them at Rollie & Helens. I like brighter colors for stained water like pickeral- like orange and black or chartruese. You will catch plenty of pike too on this lure. A tip for this lure is that the trailer hook is usually nice and sharp from the factory, but the main hook usually has a bunch of paint on it. Work it over very completely with your file to make sure it is razor sharp. It will greatly increase your hooking percentage.

Good luck and post pictures when you get one!

Thanks for this info..I have beat every inch of this lake up for the last 15 years..May have to explore other lakes..

I kind of feel that way about Lost Lake.