www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reports from the Cave 5-17-11

Default Reports from the Cave 5-17-11

Well as a lot of you know we are still high very high here on Cave Run. LOL Water levels are just under 25 feet above summer pool and with today's rain its certainly going to rise. Falling water temps have hit us hard all year long and today was no different, 63-64 degrees was all I could find today with the cold rain and air temps we are having. HOWEVER this past weekend Mountain Muskie Lodge guest set a record for most fish in a 2 day period at 23 muskies over 30 inches. These fish were taken in many different ways, 9 were taken trolling mostly with Little Ernie's, 5 on Cowgirls, 3 on topwaters, 2 on tubes, 4 on spinnerbaits. Color didn't seem to be a factor. Amazingly over 2 dozen other follows and a few were lost as the fish were on the move all taken in 18 to 43 feet of water which is pretty unusual on Cave Run. We ended up with 35 muskies for the week and tubes took a good number before the heat up. Oh yea most all the casting fish were taken on the figure eight for the week. But today is a different day as it was much tougher and the follows were just not there only a couple fish trolling and My guy got one on top water. They have been pulling the lake at about 8 inches per day which doesn't even dent the levels. The good news is with these low water temperatures fishing should be real good way on into the later part of June.
    Tony Grant's Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.kymuskie.com
    Web Site: http://muskiesupnorth.com

Default Reports from the Cave 5 17 11

We also are back home safely. No issues on the return trip. Unpacking and stretching after a day on the road. Ill have more photos later this week

I was just wondering if anyone got out for opening day or is this lake also closed due to the conflict? Any info is appreciated.Thanks

Don,

Thanks for the heads up, the Cal is warmer.... Hopefully they start pumping water soon. Going to be a very very late spring this year I think. See you out there,

Tom