www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow. Cool interview.

With the latest Musky Hunter magazine touting the bennies of thermal warming, those south facing sand bays/coves/garages will see lots of pressure this year on LOTW.

If I were lucky enough to visit LOTW this summer and got hit with post cold front conditions (water temps dropped a few dedgrees or more), I'd be ignoring the sand and looking for DP's favorite BLACK FRAGS.

Man I miss LOTW.

jlong

Thanks J,tough interviews.As you may recall I got a couple more sessions with her although I never did publish the 3rd one yet.(EA went down)Maybe if I ever get to that book but......
    The third was particularly difficult cause her 'Fishbook' friends were also weighing in at times-especially 'Heavy Horse' and 'Big Pig'.Hard to keep up with all the social 'networking'(they hate that word for obvious reasons)going on at the time.Heck I even recorded a 'Fweet' from 'Big Bitch' that mentioned Frankie no less.
    I suppose I could find an unedited version of the second interview to post here but that ones painful cause she belittled me yet called Doug J a 'cutie' and said he 'had a way with women' if memory serves.Will have to ponder that awhile.
    Good fishing this year!

repititious
    Last edited by dpear; 05-28-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: error time

Yeah, I truly believe the big girls think Doug J is "cute". I've seen the pics!!

Thinking?!? Is there any other way to approach muskie fishing other than thinking?

That's asking too much IMHO. I'm switching to perch.
    GO BIG RED!!

Tim,
    There must be viable alternatives to my kind of thinking,at least I hope so.I have a mirror you know.

As to Doug and the 'cutie' thing,I hear ya.I had Big Mother and her friends do some spot success polls around the Lake for me.Turns out Doug has over 40 of those 'girlie pics' on one complex alone.Can you say 'envious'?

I dunno if there's much wrong with your thinking Dick. Wasn't it just last year you had a morning of three 50's the week we were there?

That's a good morning in any Muskie man's world I'd say. Some thinking HAD to be part of the picture I'd say.
    GO BIG RED!!

Well Tim I dunno,I think there's a saying about a blind squirrel and an acorn or three but I can't think of it right now.I'm thinking the mirror doesn't lie,had I been thinking,I think I'd look better after all these years of hard thinking.

Well got the cabin closed;boat stored at D&S at the Angle and arrived home last nite.While the season is just starting for many of you,it's over for me.It's been a great one for many reasons-not the least of which is the help and assistance and friendship of our neighbors Frank and Laura.My season never gets off the ground without them.Thanks much you two!
    Thanks also to all of you that engage on this website,its always fun and enjoyable.If you've got the time,I'd consider a quick trip to Franks.Clear water,near zero pressure and I did very well indeed on biggies.
    Second goose season opens in the AM and then my Fall is off and running so won't be here much but good fishing all!

Well, good luck in the fields and trees this fall. Any numbers to throw out there on the summer totals? I'm still holding out hope for a trip to Frank's in October, but time and $ are a premium with only 9 months here in TN before we plan to move back up to NE. After that, you can expect me to around bothering things and complaining about not catching fish a couple times a year. I sure do miss the Northwoods, and the good friends who call the place home, whether year round or just for a week at a time.

Ryan

Nice to see you again this summer dp. Thanks for the reports and photos. You did have one heck of a season and this time had photos to prove it. I guess now we can believe that you do catch some fish now and then. Have a good fall! (season...not physically)

Jeff

Ryan,
    No numbers but lots.Have a great Fall.Take care of the bride and get home to Nebraska.
    Jeff,
    Nice to see you again as well.Well,sort of.Well let me rephrase that-sort of nice to see you again,for a short visit anyway.I think.
    As to the fish,it was a great year,not as good as last but great.A blind pig,a few acorns,it all adds up.
    You and your group hit a tough time,hopefully better next year.See you then-for a short visit.I hope.

I'm busy hunting but after my visit here now it's obvious few are willing to chat.Here's a thought-do any of you trollers focus on 'water movement'?
    For that matter,how about some trolling pics here when you start getting em?I'm bored so post something dammit.
    By the way,a friend went to an area I recommended on a river system(water movement)in Canada last week with jigging blade baits and scored some biggies.See,a few things i say may have merit.
    He also caught a 52.25 on a Medussa a couple days ago in the same area.Sweet!
    WAKE UP out there.

Yep!

Starting to get some trolling. I key in on areas with no water movement, but that's just me!

Good luck with the cridders, I'll keep the fish occupied till you get back.

DougJ

Hi Tim.Exactly!Tweaking to improve 'operation' is a necessary part of the surface trolling scene at this time for the most part.Creative minds haven't 'gone there' yet and what a shame it is.The 'ultimate edge' and yet few tools to explore it fast and efficiently.
    Anybody out there trolling existing salt water 'squid type'/sailfish type baits at high speed?
    Anyway,thanks for the input Tim.

Hi all.A favor to ask.Anyone out there have any experience trolling surface lures you'd be willing to share?I've done a bit,have a friend or two that has done more but recently had some input on an InFish article due out in May which has got me going on something else.
    If you'd prefer not to do it publicly,feel free to e-mail me.
    (pearsondp@yahoo.com)
    Thanks,
    Dick

Just a thought, but if you were going to troll a tallywhacker type bait, it might be worthwhile either moving the nose attachment to one side of the lure's "face" , or maybe attaching a small blade to the side of the "face" to make the bait plane out to the side, so it's not directly behind the boat. Sort of fish catching side planer.

Water movement under the ice?Frankie,reefs,rainbows and walnettos.Stay tuned.

Wouldn't hurt to try every now and then IMO.