www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I dunno if there's much wrong with your thinking Dick. Wasn't it just last year you had a morning of three 50's the week we were there?

That's a good morning in any Muskie man's world I'd say. Some thinking HAD to be part of the picture I'd say.
    GO BIG RED!!

Well Tim I dunno,I think there's a saying about a blind squirrel and an acorn or three but I can't think of it right now.I'm thinking the mirror doesn't lie,had I been thinking,I think I'd look better after all these years of hard thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Well Tim I dunno,I think there's a saying about a blind squirrel and an acorn or three but I can't think of it right now.I'm thinking the mirror doesn't lie,had I been thinking,I think I'd look better after all these years of hard thinking.

Now you're getting a bit too philosophical for this old farm boy.

I try not to think too much and my fishing shows it.
    GO BIG RED!!

Wink

...blue bird post cold front NW winds..... a south-south west facing sand bay protected by the wind, can make your day!

I’ve been on the road far too much in the past week, and not a mile of it in pursuit of muskies. A real shame. I must say I’m glad to see some real discussion has sprung forth from the loose threads that were hanging out there. If I were a thinking man’s type of muskie fisherman I’d jot much of these ideas down in a notebook to reference on the water, but alas laziness prevails, and not surprisingly I’m so far from retirement that the word shouldn’t even be used by me. The worst part is that my one opportunity this summer to once again fail at attempting to apply our resident guru's vast knowledge lessons on the always beautiful LOTW, doesn't sound like it will now be happening. I guess there is always next year...?

Thanks Dave, for bringing back that sour pit in my stomach for being too slow on the draw. Of course, I blame the camera owner who only lent it to the Star to use with a case straight from Fort Knox, making quick draws nearly impossible. I guess he knew who he was dealing with, and so we must all live with the great shot that never was. But since we’ve gone there I must bring up the complete lack of hookset on a slow-rolled spinnerbait monster who swam along the side of the boat with the spinner blade just fluttering on her cheek before opening her massive mouth and swimming away up on 5 Rocks.

Ryan

Ryan,
    I don't remember ever losing a muskie.Guess its possible,anything is possible.I do practice catch and release though so its possible you didn't see the release part.Who knows?

Somewhere there might be a video tape that possibly wasn't taped over that knows. Somewhere...

Yes we have caught a bunch trolling "Current" areas does not matter natural or wind produced, best was 4 passes 4 fish in a very tight spot to troll. I am also hoping to try to get up to Heaven yet this fall working very hard from a loss we had this spring when our biggest customer decided to go BK and owed us 90K (Ouch that hurt). First summer in 16 years did not get up there Maybe the muskie gods will let a little extra money our way so we can get up there. Hope everyone up there is safe and has great trips.
    Darren