Too old to go early in this weather so will post a point i've been putting off awhile.This has been a year,still is,that allows one to 'see' water movement unlike ever before.High water,dams wide open,lot's of wind means flow patterns have never been more obvious in my years on the lake.IMO a real opportunity for those that believe water movement is a key factor in fish location.
Some revelations have been stunning.A relative new spot Frankie and I have had success at consistently had a 'river within a lake' flowing across it 2 days ago that was very obvious.One edge of it so strong it was hard to pull against it even using the wind.And they were there.And some were big.:-)Suddenly a weird spot and structure found by accident made sense.
And for those interested in doing the Bondy bait thing in deep current,well this year is Christmas near every day.Gotten to know a Canadian guide pretty well and the 'numbers' possible doing that this year in multiple locations are amazing.
Get out there and observe if you can,some new spots will pay for years.Good fishing!