www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Henry Stommel.

Henry #1 just giggled at me.
    Henry #2 mumbled something about water conveyor belts.

so...current moves one way across the surface of a body of water, and may return through deep channels.
    so...find where those deep channel currents run, and especially where they contact deep structure?

Final pages.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan_Picr14wind.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	19130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan_Picr15wind.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	19131

Really? 17,000 hits?
    Fishwizard,start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Really? 17,000 hits?
    Fishwizard,start a new one.
    I believe I could ask the same questions again using different words and get another 17k in interest, as long as you and Doug throw some gamma waves in its direction.

Ryan

Give me a little time to consolidate my thoughts and I will roll out another philosophical tête-à-tête with the rest muskie hopeful clamoring to join in.
    Less than two weeks now and you'll have to entertain my Quanderous (not really a word) pleading in person on ideas for how I will ever catch one of those elusive 8.14 dollar bills long fish.

Water movement;water temps;August;adaptability=the realization of dreams.
    Take out water movement=nightmare city.

Jim you should feel sorry for the ol man n get me one of them 6-8 oz Sp baits.I have a use planned for them this year.

29k views over 4 years?!?

I think there are books out there that haven't been read that much.

No offense but I think it was 'dumb founded'.

Can't argue that.

But, a catchy title and insightful content from the experts goes a long way.

Thanks Frank.Surprising I would have a tech issue.Anyway appears it's been resolved.

Bit of an update:
    Haven't found much on the weed situation so just chatted with friend and In Fish writer,Gord Pyzer.
    Gord has lived in Kenora for most of his life and at one time was OMNR District manager there.He is VERY well versed on and in tune with Lake Of The Woods.
    Gord indicated Rusties have indeed decimated the weeds.The OMNR
    Lake Assessment Unit has been tracking them via traps and they are now as far north as they can go and near as far to the west as they can go.(heading into Clearwater Bay now.)
    He indicated at some point,'exotics' like Rusty crawfish usually reach a state of equilibrium or steadiness but did not feel they are there yet due to the still massive numbers existing and,even when they do,there is no guarantee the weeds will come back.Time will tell I guess.
    So,wait and see it is.
    Sadly there is another and more recent complication I guess.Spiny waterfleas are invading the lake and apparently decimating native zooplankton-yet are doing so without eating the algae that crates the dreaded 'bloom' we often see in later summer and fall.Damn!Stay tuned on that.

Posted for Dick due to some technical issue:

Bit of an update:
    Haven't found much on the weed situation so just chatted with friend and In Fish writer,Gord Pyzer.
    Gord has lived in Kenora for most of his life and at one time was OMNR District manager there.He is VERY well versed on and in tune with Lake Of The Woods.
    Gord indicated Rusties have indeed decimated the weeds.The OMNR
    Lake Assessment Unit has been tracking them via traps and they are now as far north as they can go and near as far to the west as they can go.(heading into Clearwater Bay now.)
    He indicated at some point,'exotics' like Rusty crawfish usually reach a state of equilibrium or steadiness but did not feel they are there yet due to the still massive numbers existing and,even when they do,there is no guarantee the weeds will come back.Time will tell I guess.
    So,wait and see it is.
    Sadly there is another and more recent complication I guess.Spiny waterfleas are invading the lake and apparently decimating native zooplankton-yet are doing so without eating the algae that crates the dreaded 'bloom' we often see in later summer and fall.Damn!Stay tuned on that.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Somewhere in this maze of misinformation I seem to recall a discussion of the sad and still developing weed situation on LOTWs but too busy to track it down now.(truly and ironically cause I'm heading out to spray weeds)
    If anyone has seen any info on this situation or has any thoughts on it,please post up.

Quick note.Look out for the InFish 2017 Pike/Musky guide.Few people who show up on this site now n then,may talk about surface baits.