www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jeff n Tim,not sure there are clear cut answers to your Qs.What I am sure about is that they will be somewhere near it when it exists.I think they relate to strong current like in a river for the most part but there are exceptions to that as well.Many 'Bondy' fish are caught in VERY strong current.Many times we've caught fish with them when it's hard to 'hold' in it and impossible to fish straight down even though the large Bondys are quite heavy.
    As to wind current,there are so many variables and sudden changes(strength,duration,depth and direction)it's hard to say when it's best to fish.There are times it appears too strong yet that strength may make a spot fishable that otherwise is impossible cause of weedgrowth,algae or whatever.
    I could write a book(actually started one once)on my theories but that's all they'd be,theories.The more I fish the more important I think it is but the more exceptions to general rules I find.I know if you find 'rivers within lakes',you have found a great spot to fish nearly anytime weather and other factors are favorable.

Speaking of prop baits,most new ones nowadays are big and 'loud'.All good but not always the answer.Some may recall the old Rumbler designed by friend Don Schwartz.The protos and those made by Don himself were outstanding with a subtle,quieter yet high pitched popping sound.Incredible BIG fish catchers!!!Well last week I took out my last 'new' proto of Dons.A pretty green orange combo-at least it was then.Not so much now.4 nice fish in the last 2 days.Sound matters.