www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, now I'm beginning to understand the 20 minutes of black screen in a certain DVD I bought.

GO BIG RED!!

Tim,
    You have to flip the dvd upside down and play it backwards to see all that good stuff. All the rigged hooksets, the other guys who hand off the rod once they had a fish on, and the scuba divers pulling on the end of his line, etc., etc.

Actually it's been so long since I've been able to watch the dvd, after loaning it to a friend who never gave it back, that I may have just imagined all that stuff. Try the upside and backwards trick anyways and let me know if it works.

Ryan

I am a recent arrival in Frankie land and have already presented him with numerous mechanical challenges.In an effort to allow him to resume certain mundane tasks,such as making a living,I am presently engaged in trying to actually resolve a few challenges myself and decline the opportunity to respond to scandalous attacks.

Mechanical troubles? Tell me about it. Crawled underneath the boat all day today to fix up a fender full of broken rivets when I noticed that a brake line was leaking. Then I noticed a puddle of gear lube underneath the lower unit.

At least no wheel bearing hubs were leaking oil.

Stupid boats.
    GO BIG RED!!

Tim,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.Your loss is my gain though I guess cause I never knew til now lower units had bearing hubs.Gonna try check mine today since I don't think anyone else has.
    One of my problems yesterday kept me busy for hours.Trolling motor wouldn't work but fortunately Frankies new staff mechanic eventually felt sorry for me,looked into it,and got er going by turning on a 'master switch'.(another new feature I was unaware of.)Pretty soon all these new gadgets will be beyond me.
    On a brighter note,I did go fishing a couple hours and scored 4 very big smallies,a few pike and by golly I saw a reddish brown thing behind my Rap that I bet was about 50 inches long.No foolin,I wouldn't swim in that spot!!!
    Since you shared some boating knowledge with me,here's back at ya-and this tip is valuable.Always check your boat the first trip out to make sure your rain gear is in it.It rained pretty hard here yesterday.

Thanks for the tip Dick! I am now a fully qualified RangerTrail mechanic. Hasn't been much I haven't done to mine. Fortunately the boat doesn't fall apart as fast as the trailer does.
    GO BIG RED!!

A hunting buddy saw the last post of mine and sent me this saying its Time I Turned The Page.He's volunteered to pay my tuition to a boat mechanics school.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1P4F-4KKA

May not be your cup of tea although these guys do talk about 'east of Omaha' so...????

I guess I'm guiding these guys this year.Quite a gig it will be.