www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face

Good stuff Tim-vintage but good.

I've always been a bit conflicted by the song. "Now some men like a fishin but some men like the fowlin.." I've always liked both.
    Of course there was a time I'd have been interested in 'Molly's chamber' and a tad of 'Whisky in the jaro' as well.

As usual I browse near every article I see dealing with current.Here's a quote from a bass article I just read.Interesting to ponder awhile.Brings back some experiences I've had fishing 'rivers within a lake' and places like the English River.I even recall times years ago(over 30 yrs ago) on Lac Suel where I put the 10 Believers away n threw Jakes or Grammas.One of those things one never fully thinks through perhaps-but should.Think there is a little meat on this bone.

"Because of their design, flat-sided crankbaits handle current better than rounded baits. They're less affected by the flow and tend to dive and "hunt" immediately, making them more productive in the early part of the retrieve. Rounded baits seem to struggle to right themselves at the beginning of the retrieve, and their hooks will foul more often.

Especially when you're targeting shallow water cover in current, that little advantage for flat-sided baits can be a big deal.

Locate, catch and win!"