www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing gurus, experts, or just hacks like me???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This goes into the 'for what it's worth' bucket.
    Yesterday I had a long but interesting discussion with a friend I hadn't talked to in quite awhile.This guy is 'A' rated and spends most of his time fishing 'gin bottles'(clear 'trout' type waters).The subject of LOTWs and increasing water clarity came up and the discussion got very interesting.Again,for what it's worth,here's a couple points we agreed on if the clarity trend continues:
    1.Trout water tactics(depth,lures,structure,weather,'light' conditions etc)will become more important.
    2.Secondary and particularly non-traditional structure will become more important.
    3.Trolling will become more than just a Fall tactic.A couple things here really got me thinking and now that I have Frankies old Alaskan,complete with top(sun screen),I may have to sit back,sip non alcoholic mint juleps and troll more mid days and during ''high skies'.Not a bad deal for an old man anyway.:-)

And probably not another musky boat in site!!!!!! The new frontier

Just got to post this.A friend and top notch fisherman recently informed me about a very unique feat.Last saturday he caught a fish in a narrow current channel that measured 48.75 inches.Nice you say but..????

Well he also had caught the same fish in 2010 when she measured 49.25.Again,nice,and perhaps not that unusual right?

But,turns out he caught her in twice in July of 2012,2 days apart,and she measured 50.Now i suspect everyone would agree we are getting a bit unusual correct?

Not really when you consider he also caught her in August of 2013 when she was still 50.

5 times over 6 yrs.In a 100 yd stretch of water.Now we are talking unusual-and a real accomplishment.For man and fish.
    All gospel,all fact.Good fishing!

A disease Tim,one that is spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    This goes into the 'for what it's worth' bucket.
    Yesterday I had a long but interesting discussion with a friend I hadn't talked to in quite awhile.This guy is 'A' rated and spends most of his time fishing 'gin bottles'(clear 'trout' type waters).The subject of LOTWs and increasing water clarity came up and the discussion got very interesting.Again,for what it's worth,here's a couple points we agreed on if the clarity trend continues:
    1.Trout water tactics(depth,lures,structure,weather,'light' conditions etc)will become more important.
    2.Secondary and particularly non-traditional structure will become more important.
    3.Trolling will become more than just a Fall tactic.A couple things here really got me thinking and now that I have Frankies old Alaskan,complete with top(sun screen),I may have to sit back,sip non alcoholic mint juleps and troll more mid days and during ''high skies'.Not a bad deal for an old man anyway.:-)
    I knew the above comment was in this thread somewhere.(2008)
    Was I right?Ask one of the best Fisherman I know who trolled most of the last few days with success.
    Water temps hitting 90 on the surface?Rapid build up in temps as well?
    Think about deeper,cooler, current etc.