www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opener

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My 3 year old and I, Made it up to the cabin this opener weekend. We didn't make it out in the boat but did alright off the dock. My 3 year old caught his first walleye and it was a very nice 25", I couldn't believe it. We sitting out there and I looked over at his pole and it was bent over and I told him you got a fish on! So I had to help him hold the pole a little and adjust his drag but for the most part he did it all by himself. Got it in and ran up to the cabin to get a picture (I just wish I could got him to hold it) and got it back into the lake. Then he followed that with a 17" bass and a smaller nothern. It was fun to see him do so well and get so excited. Besides his nice walleye, I managed to get a couple of other slot fish and one eater. They where all caught a jig and a shiner.

Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peytons walleye.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	13277  

We will be pulling in to Trader's in just under 48 hours, can not wait. It's looking like the rain gear will be used frequently over the weekend, maybe dryer during the following week though.