www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opener results

Default Opener results

Well the season started off cold and slow. Things picked up in the evening, but the high skies and lack of wind made the walleye bite tough. we managed as a group to get 2-27"ers a 24 1/2 " and several others in the 19-21" range. The numbers were down but they were still nice fish. Some observations, a couple of the females were spawned out but several of the females were spilling eggs all over as they were netted. The lake I was on I think is in the initial phases of spawning. The warm weather this week should get them going. Water temps for me were 40 degrees in the mornng and up to 46 degrees surface temp by the evening. The fish we caught were in 9-14 feet of water directly off of spawning areas. these next couple weeks should be good. We also caught some bonus fish a 30" pike and a few smallies with 2 of them, one 21" and a second was 21 1/2". we caught very few milking fish which leads me to believe that things are just getting rolling. I was not on any flowages this weekend so I can not speak for them. I would have to guess tht they should be a week of so ahead of the big lakes.
    Jigs and minnows were the best bet this weekend.
    The crappies are still deep but the warm weather and rain predicted for this week should move them closer to the spawning areas.

Good Fishing,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonathan Z 27 walleye 2011 opener.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	13185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening day walleye 2011.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	13186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening day pike 2011.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	13187  
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com