www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opening day

Default Opening day

Good luck to everyone who's hitting the water this weekend. I hope your time on the water is successful. Water temp was 50 degrees today.

We look forward to hearing your stories.
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Jason Long and I got out for our 9th annual opening day outing. Going into this year we've been successful every year by at least one of us getting a musky. We were working the shorelines of the river, current eddies, creek inlets and casting the back waters of the river. Multiple of lures used looking for some type of reaction. For us it was spinner baits, slow rolling them that produced. Jason was able to place in the net what appeared to be a male, all scared up, nice stocky 34-inch musky.

In the afternoon Jason's son Ethan joined us. Ethan was able to enjoy the big fight of a small mouth bass. Nice job Ethan!

Water temps were anywhere from 50 -51 degrees.

I've heard several reports of fish caught and big fish. Jeremy Van Ert was able to put a couple nice fish in the boat with the largest being a 46. Bob Barteck, along with help from his kids, was able to land his 2nd and largest musky ever while walleye fishing. A beautiful 48-incher.

Consolidated Musky Club had it's annual outing Saturday. Waters fished ranged from Stevens Point down to Castle Rock Flowages. About 20 members fished with report of 25 fish being caught. Three largest muskies caught in the outing were a 46, 43 and a 40.

Congratulations to everyone who was able to have a successful opening weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01684 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	13194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01687 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	13195  
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Thanks much for posting the results Todd. It was a very nice outing, and I'm glad so many people came out to fish it. Most importantly it was a nice opener to cap a gloomy spring. Congrats to Jeremy on our biggest spring outing fish entered! New-g and I had fun boating several fish, even if none of them made it into the top three. Most fish caught were pre-spawn, coinciding with the fact the river first broke 50 degrees for the year, yesterday. The club also ordered our muskies for stocking this fall, and will try to coordinate with Todd to get both his and our fish on the same truck to perhaps save on transport costs, which means more fish into the river this fall.

Thanks again Todd for coming out and taking part in the outing, and adding to your streak of opener non-skunks!

Jason Schillinger
    Consolidated Musky Club Inc.

Had a good time and thanks to Consolidated musky club, Todd and 12 apostles and its members for the stocking efforts over the yrs. The old river is becoming a great musky fishery as a whole. The results are really showing. Geez 20 anglers and 25 fish caught, that's as good as anywhere.

I dont get to fish over there as much anymore since i moved about 10yrs ago, but the few times a yr I do, I can't believe how good it's gotten in 10yrs.

Keep up the good work!!!

Jeremy Van Ert