www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: AYATournament May 21

Default AYATournament May 21

The Bay de Noc GLSF are again hosting the Angler Young Angler walleye tournament Sat. May 21 at the North Shore boat launch. This is a fun tourney for kids to learn about competitive fishing in a fun setting and an opportunity for them to get some great prizes. There are currently 20 regional Angler Young Angler tournaments scheduled and we are one of them. The winner of this tourney wins a Lund A-12 boat with trailer and a Mercury 4hp motor,and qualifies to fish in the AYA Championship on Lake of the Woods in Kenora ,Ontario in a new lund boat with a guide. The 1st place in the championship is a paid trip for 4 to Disney World 2nd place is a fishing trip for 4 at Wilderness North Lodge. There are going to be many other prizes for kids if they catch fish or not with a cookout to follow for everyone if you have any questions call Kevin at 906-399-6152 there are entry forms at the bait shops or I can mail you one. Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by The Bait Shop Guy; 05-21-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Good luck AYA anglers!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

What a great day for this tourney! Hope the kids have a blast!!!
    OK... 10 More Minutes

Default AYA Results ?

Thought it would be kinda cool to see the Kids results.
    I would think seeing their Tournament results posted would be a huge motivator for young fishermen to have aspirations of being a future Pro
    or at a minimum a life long desire to Fish.
    A comment I hear too often from Adults is : "I used to Fish as a Kid...."

Here's some pics.. no results. hope the kids all had fun. from the looks of the pics .. they did!

Go to the link... click on "tournaments".. then click the red dot for esky's location.. you'll see the pics.

http://www.angleryoungangler.ca/
    OK... 10 More Minutes

They were posted on a big board at the site, which the kids thought was cool. Plenty of prizes for all the kids, the bite was tough for all, and the winning weight was 8.85 lbs, by the big Pursuit boat. I would like to thank the BDNGLSF Assoc. for putting this on, I know my kids enjoyed themselves, and look forward to next year already. Thanks

PS- Rudy those pics are from last years event. The club will send the AYA this years pics soon.

Wow.. thanks fasrcat.. none the less.. cool pics. Thought it was odd with all the clouds.
    OK... 10 More Minutes

Tom Gudwer with his daughter Emily and her friend Carly Lehtikangas won the torny with 8.85lbs. they had a 5 fish limit of walleye