Brad,
Sorry about the slow get back. I have been going to LOTW since I was kid (57 and we will be up there for my birthday). It was a place that my dad use to take us to. Back then we would go out of Morrison out of the south and stay at a lodge on an island 14 miles out in the lake. One shopping trip cause there was no going back into town. We had a housekeeping cabin with an icebox. Yep had to go and cut out a block and haul it in. Many, many memories. Now a days the best place on the lake IMHO is Canadian Haven in Nestor Falls, Sabaskong Bay. I have been through 3 owners in the time I have been coming there and the Wiggins are by far the best hosts we have had. In 12 years we have been there 10 times and I miss it every time we leave. As Dick mentioned as you look back on things it doesn't really matter about the big ones that got away. Sometimes the weather sucks, sometimes its great, the campers are always a gas. Reading books and taking naps come to mind. Soon we will be there doing that 55 days to be exact. Dick and I will let the rest of you how we did.

Kym