Dick,
My family did the same, when I lived in Ohio as soon as school was out we would all head up to the Woods. My Grandparents ,my Uncle ,Aunt and their son., my Dad's best friend and there kids,all in all 15 or us. We would rent 2 cabins, my brothers and I would sleep in a tent, and my parents in a old 66 dodge home built camper. The average walleye back in the 70's was around 12" , we ate fish in one cabin every night . We were teenagers then and the walleyes were not so big , so we could eat a lot of them. We would bring up 1200 night crawlers and use them all in 8 days , we caugt them after it rained on a baseball field at home. I now use Gulp alive 2.75 "soft baits on jigs , if you haven't tried them you should ,I have caught 11 walleye on one before replacing it. I now drive 1650 miles from Virginia to the Woods and there are memories all along the way ,I would rather drive then fly , plus I pull my boat, a little hard to get on the plane. I don't know of a better all around lake to visit or fish , friend's I have taken up say what a great place you have to come to. God knew what we was doing when he put Lake Of The Woods together. Take care Dick, thanks for the reply and as always keep the small ones and let the big ones go Brad