www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fishing

Default fishing

This will be my first time up here so I am really pumped up for this.. I am just wondering for all whos been here before how truly good is the walleye fishing is on this lake. from what I have heared its truly a trout and muskie lake.. My goal is to catch a walleye to put on the wall, is this a realistic goal for this lake? any help from anyone whos been here is much appreciated. I will be coming end of may... do I need to worry about any icebergs out there lol.. thanks to all who can help me out here...

Smile

it is a trout and muskie deal, but thats because thats all we fish for really so dont be dioscouraged if there's no info. been there about 15 times through the years and its awesome, but never tried to walleye fish. On Rowan i couldnt help ya but the portage lake (about 1/4 block) called Hill is ridiculous from what i have seen and heard, caught some eyes therer myself on husky jerks fishing pike there for a goof a few times. if you know how to "eye" fish you willl have a great lake all to yourself so no worries. plus Don and Paul are the goods, and will have you on fish anyways, i hope you get good weather. great camp, nice folks, you should be pumped, wish i was going. give a reply as to how you did, i will miss the camp again this year, and hope to get go "home" one of these years.
    safe trip, good luck
    mike

Default Hill

Fished Rowan for the first time last year, and fished primarily Musky. WOW!!! My friend and I did go over to Hill Lake a couple times and fished Walleye and Bass in the hot 90 degree afternoons. Paul told us where to go on the lake. We found the weeds and a rock bar and had a blast. Lots of Walleye in the 18-22 inch range (thick), and tons of bass.

Don is a good man, and will point you in the right direction. Paul knows his stuff too. The staff is so nice, and very helpful. You will love it!

Heading up Mid-August and can't wait. Hope you have a great experience!

WE will look forward to your arrivel anything you need all you have to do is ask and we'll be waiting on the dock for you when that plane pulls up any other questions please give us a call at the lodge thanks Don Lynn
    Don and Lynn Pursch
    Nielsen's Fly-In Lodge
    Rowan Lake, Nestor Falls, Ontario
    Phone: 800-653-5946