www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Good / Cheap Fish Finder

Default Good / Cheap Fish Finder

Might be an oxymoron (not you DP) but looking for the best rig for under $300.00. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rhummy????

Other than Mr P's rock and rope analogue system, which is well under $300, I think this is probably the best bang for buck if you only want a sonar. I think the down imaging is probably a great step forward, and the unit being black and white helps keep the cost down. If you need GPS built in there's a 768 combo unit at the same price, but that's got old skool 2D sonar.

http://www.basspro.com/Humminbird-Fi...10564/-1764752

Sully, if you are looking for just a depth finder, the Eagle 334 ( I think that is the model) that I have on the front of my boat is really nice. Simple and accurate. Stop by for a brew and I will show it to ya. Heck, you should of asked me Saturday and I could of shown it to you then.

Steve

Steve,
    If he wasn't so fearful of always being outfished by me,he'd come back to the Woods and I'd take him on a long run again,then he'd have a cheap fish finder.Again.And Again.
    I sure hope his failure to return doesn't stem from me telling the world he knocked your 50 off with the net.I hope he realizes I would never tell the world he did that and that I can keep a dirty little secret.
    I do appreciate the fact he apparently enjoyed my post/video on a muskie eating a duck.

Thanks Tim...I will check that out. DP - me not afraid...still remember big bertha making your knees knock on the last long run. Never did fess up that I had you figure eighting for her for 5 minutes when the fish was never really "still there"...doo

Opening day for southern Wisconsin - wish me luck.

I'm confused.It was there 2 days later.It was about an inch longer than your estimate.
    Was in an Applebee's near Highway 20 and a Walmart last nite in Rockford.The waitress knew you.She wasn't very attractive.Of course.

Must have been his twin sister.

By gosh that could be,she looked vaguely familiar even though I tried not to look long.
    Upon more reflection,I bet it was her,she mumbled a lot and screwed up our order as well.

I knew it...there was this fimaliar smell in the air that Saturday night. You know, that cross between catfish stink bait and a good Taco Bell ripper. I thought... could it be....naaa.

Sully,you shouldn't talk about Jeff like that.And to think he used to feel sorry for you and take you fishing once in awhile-now this.